lørdag den 8. marts 2008

Bellefast


This is my first blog on blogger so bear with me.
From time to time I DISCOVER new music on last.fm. Which means that I begin listening to what other people have been listening to for years... This project however seems to be relatively undiscovered, at least in the places I frequent. Got this of last.fm's recommendations. Actually I think it is the first time I found something really good there. The recommendation system on last.fm has never been a close friend of mine. Most of the time it seems to be weird stuff from the other users, while the automatic recommendations gives boring stuff I already heard about.
Bellefast is a danish one-man project by Mads Bjørn, who was in the band LIMF. I get the impression that there so far isn't any great plan to sell thousands of records or get airplay on national radio. It has been almost a year since the release of the EP "17:11", which holds a number of great songs, some of which remind me of Radiohead's In Rainbows album, maybe Radiohead got some ideas from this guy?... Try listening to "the state i'm in". It seems hard to believe that this stuff was made in this guy's own living room, and that he plays all the instruments himself. I like the blend of acoustic guitar and keyboard in a slow rhythm, which suits my mellow mood, ex. in "It Looks You Need a 5 minute break". Another thing that attracts me is the sound of his voice that has a bit Bowie about it.
Hopefully more will come from his hand soon.
Download the EP 17:11 and more here
Bellefast on myspace
It might be a while till my next blog, unless I find some new music. Next blog will be on a book I am reading, Retrograd by Torben Munksgaard. Might be in danish haven't decided yet. Until we meet again.

Ingen kommentarer: